Swapping and rotating block textures

No need for voxelmancy to make a 3D Endless Voxellogo.
Just throw in a few basic voxels …
It’s all about tricking the eye by choosing the right view …
… and voila, there you have it. :+1:

But the logo perfectly shows a function that we can certainly use at some point …
… the use of multiple textures per voxel. I know, this isn’t a priority at the moment, but please keep this in mind so it can be easily added later.

This, and being able to rotate the block textures, are features that we builders love to see :smiley:

EndlessVoxelLogo_005

EndlessVoxelLogo_002

Otherwise, we end up building structures like this :innocent:

20211127152507_1

2 Likes

I like this I also like the idea of having different sides of the blocks having the ability to be painted so not all sides are always the same color. If you made a base and you wanted the outside to be blue and the inside to be red you’d technically have to place 1 block for the outside and another layer on the inside.

Paintable sides would cut down on the amount of blocks needed and also give the players a lot more flexibility.

2 Likes

This to me sounds like a conversation about texture variety which is an important conversation IMO. The other game we played had some nice textures but there wasn’t enough IMO. For example the decorative gem textures and the machined metals IMO should have alternative textures for variety like the decorative rocks and wood. A slow steady stream of new textures would be a great thing to add to the game. It could even be turned into a small revenue stream for the game in the form of skin packs. Just an idea. :thinking:

1 Like

This is an amazing idea! I love it!

2 Likes

is that sitting on a you know who server :rofl: :sweat_smile: :rofl: :sweat_smile: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

i like this pictures great varity of colouring would be awesome

1 Like