Plot system idea

idea: if we plan on doing a plot system like boundless, plots should not be counted if its multiple plots on the same coordinates

to better explain, if i plot something, all of the plots on that set of coordinates get “reserved”, right? if its reserved, then it doesnt make sense that i have to spend extra plots to build higher if nobody else could plot it anyways, however plotting up should still be optional (for things like farms and dodge bombs)

just a thought :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

I agree with this. If it’s plotted it should allow all the way up --or down. No one can plot above/below it anyway. So I agree with this suggestion.

3 Likes

Hey I love this idea for securing areas where is a rare/rich resource and stopping everyone from obtaining it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Does that mean I can claim “?” Planet over that much Faster (O.O)

3 Likes

Ok. Now I know your trolling :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

giphy(2)

1 Like

No…I just want to plot an entire planet and stop EVERYONE from gathering my goods :slight_smile: J/K

3 Likes

How difficult would it be to be able to set the game up so that players can plot above each other? Basically treat the Y value like X and Z are treated.

2 Likes

That is debatable mainly due to trolls. If someone were to claim directly around you and you just didn’t have the plots to claim your complete area, you would have to packup and leave.

But something on the table in discussion for a later time for sure. This part has not been discussed in great detail or flushed out.

3 Likes

I’m thinking perhaps something optional. Once somebody has reserved a Y coordinate, perhaps they can allow specific players to build above certain plots / “beaconed” areas.

This could allow for things like apartment complex builds, as well as large, multi-story malls/shopping areas (and keeping such huge builds from taking up as much width on the world as they otherwise might).

2 Likes

Ideas are always on the table :stuck_out_tongue: and this area is still to be flushed out…Do we just plot up and down with one plotter? Who can access our claims, how much access is provided? Lots to think about and also damage control…how do you prevent trolls and greivers :frowning:

3 Likes

I Like the Idea with with different Plots in the hight that would be a nice feature and give more creativity to the builders too.

4 Likes