Gems to find in the game

So, Finding things below ground, in previous games I have found some of the things below that seems to be a common occurance:

Bones/Fossils
Gems.
Metals
Fancy Energy-like materials [RedStone as an example]
Tech remenants.
Coals,
buried treasures – like time capsules. Or treasure chests left in mine-shafts.

But I wanted to take a moment and capitalize on the moment, there are a LOT more gems out there than just Diamonds, Ruby’s, Sapphires, Emeralds, Topaz and Amethyst. Don’t get me wrong, I love some of those colors, but I think there are so many more that are an option so we DON’T look like other games. Diamonds are all over the gaming universe, but there are so many other pretty gems out there people would enjoy.

Alexandrite
Amber < 100% Appropriate if we have Sap or a Resin based block
Ametrine
Ammolite
Anatase
Apatite
Aquamarine
Aragonite
Azurite
Bayldonite
Beryl
Bismutotantalite
Bloodstone
Boleite
Boracite < Looks kinda like a Diamond only it’s a Light blue/green colors.
Charoite
Chicken-Blood Stone
Childrenite
Chrome Diopside
Chrysoberyl < Cat eye like effect.
Cinnabar < Almost looks like candy Now I want cinnamon bears.
Citrine
Clinochlore
Clinohumite
Ettringite
Eudialyte
Fluorite
Freshwater Pearl
Friedelite
Garnet
Gaylussite
glass
Grandidierite
Grandidierite
Gypsum
hambergite
Howlite
Inderite
Jadite
Jasper
Jeremejevite
Jet
Jolite
Kunzite
Kyamote
Lapis Lazuli < Minecraft fans will rejoyce with this.
Linarite
Moonstone
Nephrite
Opal
Padparadscha Sapphire < It’s a BRIGHT Orange
Peridot
petalite
Pyrite
Quartz
Realgar
Shattuckite
Somderote
Sphalerite
Spinel
Stolzite
Sugillte
Sulfur
Sunstone
Super Seven
Talc
Tanzanite
Thomsonite
Tiger’s Eye
Tourmaline
Tugtupite
Turquoise
Ulexite
Vanadinite
Variscite
Vivianite
Witherite
Wulfenite
Zincite
Zircone

[Yes I put them in alphabetical order on excel before I posted them here.

We can have transparent gems, and non-transparent gems. Perhaps to make different flavors of block combinations and designs.

And keeping Geological information correct, some gems can only be gathered in ore-form, because often is the case once these gems are attempted to be cut they can shatter. Some are far more durable than others. Some are only found in rare situations, and others are found everywhere, or can be produced.

Let me know what you think. If you want a visual reference to some of these, head over to: List of Gemstones: Precious and Semi-Precious Stones - Gem Society to see visuals.

3 Likes

HOLY S*** THATS A LIST YOU OUT DID YOURSELF! :eyes:

3 Likes

Glad you enjoy the list. I’m sure I missed some big ones, but I think this covers some basics.

Despite whether you missed anything or not this is a huge list and a hell of a start! Eventually maybe as we add to this list add images as someone has time here and there. I will when I have spare time.

I will append @taarna23 list later tonight and remove overlaps.

As Promised here is @taarna23 list of gems. Seems you both have the same train of thought she just didn’t get as far as you:

Gem types
● amber
● amethyst
● quartz
● citrine
● ruby
● tigereye
● turquoise
● diamond
● sapphire
● topaz
● emerald

1 Like

Why constrain yourself to gems/ores only found in our reality? We could be original and come up with our own gem types. It could be fun too, we could allow community members to help too.

A bad example could be Elderite its a gem or ore that the Elders created or brought to the universe.

Another example could be Dragonite or some gem/ore that is derived from dragons. Maybe it is dragon eggshells that came from the dragon pets in the game that some how came into contact with Fulgarite.

There are a ton of ideas that could stem from this.

5 Likes