Endless Interest Body Count

As our project is taking shape. I am interested to know what areas each community member is actually interested in with. Being a PvE dungeon dwelling support nut…this area is where I can help shape and test along with Mining/Gathering is another area that I love. Just don’t ask me to build :stuck_out_tongue:

What area interests you the most
  • Building
  • Crafting
  • Gathering
  • PvE
  • PvP

0 voters

1 Like

It is cruel to make me pick just one, I had to pick one instead of the four I liked.

3 Likes

I’d like to pick four out of five options …
… but being a voxel builder, you all probably know which one I choose :heart_eyes: :+1:

4 Likes

Well think of it as a “This is what I LOVE” the most. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would have picked all of the above if it was a choice but when it comes down to it I want to build the most.
But I won’t complain if we get all of the above.:grin:

3 Likes

TBH you are getting all of the above lol. May not be all at once but…the long term plan is to have all of these in game :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, I wanted to pick all of them but PvP but I couldn’t. Hurt my heart. </3

I love so many aspects of voxel games, but building might be the most enjoyable in the long run simply due to the creativity involved. But man I love some good exploration and such. Can’t wait to see the direction the game goes over time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah I kind of feel like a 49 year old teenager with a wishlist. :joy: From what I know this has everything and more than Boundless did…does. It’s nice to be a small part of it.

2 Likes

I love how the poll shows how everyone loves every part of the game except the time consuming need to craft lol

3 Likes

The thing about crafting is that it comes down to being mass produced. It get’s boring making the same things all the time, probably most see the money they make as the incentive to continue. It would be nice if there was a system that balanced between a master craftsman approach and a mass produced mediocre product. You can automate the ordinary stuff but require work or maybe multiple craftsmen to make the best equipment. I think people would want crafting more if it was a challenge and not a challenge to fight boredom.

3 Likes

My thing with crafting is you have to, usually, craft so many different things for one thing…I end up needing a spreadsheet or flow chart to manage it. I have to do that enough for business, so I don’t want to have to do it for my gaming as well.
Instead of multiple tiers of items needed for a single exotic item, I prefer it to be hard to get items or gated behind a story quest or something.
That might well just be me though.

I think a mixture of both things for what Szalvias is talking about would be good. Sometimes I feel more accomplished having to find and combine a number of items to make one rare one rather then finding it outright even if it’s behind a story or gate but other times I don’t want to spend the time searching here and there for multiple items just to craft one thing.

1 Like

Interesting you mentioned this. I don’t know if you have ever played modded Minecraft, but there were a few mods that shows all the recipes in the game. When you have upwards of 200+ mods in some modpacks these recipes were just hard to keep track of.

When you pressed the inventory key NEI (Not Enough Items - MC Mod) would pop up on the screen also and allow you to see all the recipes in an interface that allowed for searching. I would like something like this in the game (not sure it will be) but it would be nice to have a recipe tree (like a skill tree) that as you learn to craft something it adds to the list of items you can craft and once you have them unlocked they are always visible thus removing your need to manage your spreadsheet.

On top of this, NEI would allow you to click the recipe in the interface and if you had all the required materials in your inventory it would automatically place these items into the crafting slots for you. While this isn’t all that exciting, it’s was more a quality of life addition that I loved as I didn’t have to constantly drag and drop items.

1 Like

Hi everyone! So many familiar names :heart:

Long as you can build, preferably with a reason (e.g. attacked at night like Minecraft, horde nights like 7 days, or some other motivation to make myself protected!)

And resource gathering for me :slight_smile:

7 Likes