Inspirations for this project

After playing MMORPG’s and Voxels and wannabe games…I’ve samples just about everything out there. Here are some ideas that I would love to see in a TRUE Sandbox Voxel Game.

1. Starter planets to suit each race. Provide Mobs/blocks/colors/plants that are truly unique to that race. This would enforce going back at times to gather items no matter what. These materials/colors/blocks would be Unique to the home race planet.

2. Quests: Entirely player driven. This is a sandbox, this is a blank canvas. If you truly want a community based experience. Let the community do the quests, provide the rewards, provide the tutorial. But have the tutorial be a simply quest line of major features. So have the players create the side quests and such.

3. Reputation: Make a reputation system for guilds for Non-guild and guild members. Create different levels of reputation to provide a reward but have tiers for reduced cost and higher level rewards.

4. Different types of land claims: Make a system that differentiates Home/Dungeon/PVP player zones.
    For Dungeons, Come up with a system that generates certain mobs based on the placed block type within x amount of squares. While also factoring in the empty spaces with in the boundaries.
    For Home: This is just no mobs can spawn.
    For PvP: Give option for Mob spawning or no Mob Spawning. Can do PvE/PvP events
    For Dungeons, Come up with a system that generates certain mobs based on the placed block type within x amount of squares. While also factoring in the empty spaces with in the boundaries.

5. Pve System
    Certain blocks generate mobs
    If you kill x amount of the same mob in x time then a mini-boss can appear
    If you repeat the same process one more time, you have a 50% chance for a boss to appear
    If you have non-native blocks placed, the mobs will not spawn
    Create a system of blocks where if you meet certain criterea that you can spawn a mini boss or boss level creature.

6. Creature variations
    Have small/medium/large/xl/xxl/xxxl/xxxxOMFGthatsbig type mobs.

8 Likes
  1. Roles are Unique. Without going too much into specialized roles…I think Blizzard did this very well in Burning Crusade. Protection Pally’s are the AOE tanking champions while protection warriors were great for all around protection. Each Role filled a specific purpose and shined throughout the lifetime of the Burning Crusade expansion.

Why not have roles that specialize in:
1) Research and Progression
2) Medicine
3) Geology
4) Science

5 Likes

Roles are great but you have to decide how to handle this in single player if there is one.

Yup but from what I understand Endless will be an MMO. So no SP mentioned at this stage.

1 Like

I guess I was thinking more about solo players.

1 Like